Tuesday 29 May 2012

L'Herbe aux anges - for dehydrated skin

Angelica, also known as l'herbe aux anges (herb of the angels) is plant belonging to the anise family, whose flower resemble of a dandelion clock in my eyes (or a constellation for others) It is also the name of a skincare range from French beauty brand L'Occitane. Attracted by the surprising capacity of the Angelica plant to moisturise the skin, L'Occitane captured the essential oil and water of the Angelica plant and poured into the creation of a skincare range designed to give skin increased hydration.


001-l-occitane-angelica-angelique-hydration-range-mask-mist


The range contains 9 products but it's specifically its quick fix products which caught my eye. I like the sound of quick fixes: it means I don't have to change my whole skincare routine and that I can use these as supplements.

The Instant Hydration Mask (75ml for £19) is a gel and promises to give results in three minutes. They say that it's 'an ultra fresh and water-soaked gel that rehydrates the thirstiest skin within three minutes'.



003-l-occitane-angelica-angelique-hydration-range-mask-mist



The Angelica Hydration Face Mist (100ml for £15) aims to instantly refreshes and hydrates the skin in seconds at any moment of the day. I guess it's a bit like the Caudalie beauty elixir that everyone is banging on about at the moment but twice cheaper Winking smile



002-l-occitane-angelica-angelique-hydration-range-mask-mist


Now one of those would be good as a mini freebie sample in a beauty magazine, don't you think? L'Occitane, if you are listening you know what to do Winking smile



Fancy brushing up on your French. Here’s a short 2 minutes video which explain how the angelica hydrates the skin and how they cultivate it, and something about witches too! 0_o






disclaimer: I heard about the Angelica range through an email I received today and received no incentive to write about it. More information on L’Occitane website.

1 comments:

Powdered Almond said...

Sounds good - my skin is a bit dehydrated I think but it's a problem for me because I really don't like the feel of moisturiser. I wear it at night, but just can't bear it during the day. I know that's very silly, but I just can't. So the mask sounds very good for me. :-) x

Leave a comment ...